Wars, natural disasters, disease outbreaks, and other humanitarian crises may be rare in most developed countries, but for hundreds of millions across the globe, they are a daily reality.
Dedicated to supporting vulnerable populations worldwide, The HDRC was established in 2017 by highly experienced specialists in the field to lead the charge in preparing and responding to global humanitarian crises and emergencies.
In times of need, the center is adept at rapidly dispatching highly trained response teams to support local caregivers and civilians through humanitarian assistance, or operating dedicated disaster response missions, including the construction and independent operation of advanced field hospitals.
HDRC activities consist of:
Whether due to earthquakes, tsunamis, or wars, HDRC response teams have been rapidly deployed to most large-scale disaster sites worldwide.
Working to address healthcare inequities at the individual, community, and system levels across the globe.
Disaster Medicine Training & Education
Offering a variety of unique courses and training programs to share medical expertise.
Actively conducting research in the fields of disaster and emergency medicine.
Conducting these complex, pivotal missions demands considerable resources, including highly trained emergency medical teams, logistical support, and proactive crisis management. Most HDRC projects could not have been carried out without the help of our generous supporters and friends.
Since its inception, the HDRC has launched multiple humanitarian and disaster response missions worldwide while making great strides in emergency medicine methodologies.
These missions were diverse, and included:
- Establishing and operating a field hospital in Ukraine (2022)
- Aiding victims of the Zambia cholera outbreak (2018)
- Providing urgent medical assistance to Mozambique after Cyclone Idai (2019)
- Saving lives in the midst of Samoa’s deadly measles outbreak in (2019)
- Supporting Guatemala after a volcanic eruption (2018)
- An ongoing project to treat Nigerian children with severe heart conditions
- Restoring the eyesight of Papua New Guineans (2017-2018)
- Training local medical teams in Tanzania in general surgery, trauma management, and pediatric orthopedics (2017)
Your Help is Crucial
To continue and expand the HDRC’s vital work, we seek humanitarians at heart interested in lending a helping hand to those in need.
With your invaluable support, we will be able to:
- Mobilize significant resources to disaster areas across the globe
- Develop our training programs and train more local medical teams in disadvantaged countries
- Conduct further research on disaster and emergency medicine
- Expand our capabilities to facilitate new avenues of aid
The HDRC values every contribution, and is open to various forms of support. It’s entirely up to you to choose how you would like to get involved. You may support a specific country, a particular project, or a specific activity. Every donation makes a huge difference, and donors can contribute based on their ability and preference – help establish a field hospital, fund equipment, or fund a specific research project.
Would you like to support Sheba’s HDRC?